Clintwood, VA - Area Attractions
- Ralph Stanley Museum - an interactive museum experience that provides visitors with a glimpse of American mountain music in its original setting - the mountains of Southwestern Virginia. Learn how Dr. Ralph Stanley's career and style was influenced both by his surroundings and traditional musical influences.
- Dickenson County Art Center & Gallery - a gallery and art center featuring original works of art created by local artists.
- Mountain Music Festival - held during each Autumn, the festival offers the best in bluegrass and mountain music as well as craft displays, cake walks and other festivities.
- Birch Knob Tower - located 3,144 feet above sea level, making the trek up Birch Knob Tower is well worth it for the amazing views.
- Dickenson County Visitor’s Center & Dr. Phipps Museum - stop by for brochures, maps and regional information. Helpful staff can provide directions and answer visitors’ questions about the area. The Dr. Phillips Museum is located inside the visitor's center and hosts a variety of medical memorabilia from the original Dickenson County Hospital.
- Dickenson County Chamber of Commerce - also located in the Dickenson County Visitor's Center, the Chamber of Commerce is a business organization working to further the interests of businesses and business owners in the community.
- Dickenson County Courthouse - an historic, two-story courthouse built in 1915, in the Colonial Revival building style, including a domed clock tower. The Dickenson County Courthouse is on the Historic Register - it's a must see!
- Dickenson County Historical Society - many visitors interested in their own family history, or additional area history, stop by the historical society. It is a volunteer organization with hours subject to availability, so please call ahead!