Our Independence Day Celebration will be held on Saturday, July 2nd this year with a parade, children's activities, food vendors, music, giveaways and our always-amazing fireworks show. Anyone who wants to have a float in parade should call the Town Hall at 926-8383 to get registered. Here's a list of the scheduled activities:
- The Clintwood Kiwanis club will serve a pancake breakfast from 7-11 AM at the Kids Korner Park. Adults can enjoy a meal for just $5 each. Kids eat free!
- The Ridgeview marching band will then have a corn hole tournament at the walking track, opening at 9 AM. For information on this event, call Joey Hill at 835-2048.
- Little Mr. and Miss Sparkler (ages 0-3) and Little Mr. and Miss Firecracker (ages 4-10) contests will start in front of Town Hall. There is no entrance fee. Registration will start at 12:30 PM, and this event will be judged at 1 PM.
- At 1:30 PM, the Holly Creek Cloggers will perform in front of Town Hall.
- Our classic Independence Day parade will get rolling at 2 PM on Main Street. We would like to invite all the veterans to lead the parade.
- From 3–6 PM, activities for the youth can be found at the baseball field.
- Evening entertainment with the Patriots will begin at 7 PM at Ralph Cummins Stadium. The Dickenson County Historical Society will have a genealogy and book fair plus a tribute to the veterans. Giveaways start at 9 PM.
- Our celebrations will then finish with a spectacular fireworks show at 9:30 PM.